We discuss some considerations below to help you choose the right press.
- Volume – the Xerox PrimeLink is recommended for an average duty cycle of 15,000 – 50,000 A4 prints per month. If your volume outputs are greater than this you will need a Versant 180, which is recommended for an average volume of 80,000 prints per month. Above this we recommend the Versant 3100, which can handle a monthly average of 250,000 prints.
- Speed – The new Xerox PrimeLink is rated up to 75 pages per minute (PPM). Speeds will vary according to the media being used. The versant 180 operates at 80 PPM on all stocks and substrates up to 350gsm when fitted with the Performance Pack. The Versant 3100 operates at speeds up to 100 PPM.
- Media – the new Xerox PrimeLink handles up to 350GSM and extra-long sheets up to 660mm, the same as Versant models.
- Finishing – Saddle stitching, Booklet making, face trimming, square edge and post insertion are available across the range of Xerox Digital presses. The Versant 180 and 3100 have additional finishing capabilities such as trimming on three sides and booklets up to 120 pages.
- Colour consistency – the PrimeLink and Versant models all have a feature called SIQA that ensures image-to-media alignment, registration, density, uniformity and image transfer.
In addition, the Versant models have Automated Colour Quality Suite (ACQS) with inline Spectrophotometer, powered by X-Rite